Welcome

I've been drawing and painting as long as I can remember, copying comic book panels as a kid, a career as a designer and animator, and the last twelve years as a painter. Hope you enjoy the work.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mouse Tracks

6x8 Oil

I do love to paint snow on rocks, it helps balance out the "I live in a climate with 5 1/2 months of winter" thing. It was 0 degrees when we went out to paint this morning but it was sunny and there was no wind, I never felt cold. Wind trumps temperature every time.

2 comments:

  1. So, you can paint beautifully in zero degree weather and not feel cold? I can't paint this well in 80 degree weather! I love how you depicted the snow in this painting. Absolutely beautiful. Glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you LSaeta, you just have to bundle up and do it otherwise you go a little stir crazy painting in the studio all winter. Next week I'm actually heading North 5 hours to visit my buddy Neil and paint on Lake Superior's north shore.

    ReplyDelete