Welcome

I've been drawing and painting as long as I can remember, copying comic book panels as a kid, a career as a designer and animator, and the last twelve years as a painter. Hope you enjoy the work.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Puako or Looking for Neil Young

11x14 Oil

Yes I was back in Hawaii last month, it was awesome. This is a new vantage point to a place I've painted in the past Puako Beach which is a great public beach on the Big Island, that's a little redundant since all the beaches are publicly owned. This one is just gorgeous, if anything I didn't get that water colorful enough, it was glowing. Oh yeah, Neil Young lives around here somewhere, I don't blame him.

1 comment:

  1. I'm from the Big Island and came across your site after a Google search for Puako.

    Although the color of the of the Ocean in Hawaii is hard to capture in any medium, you did a beautiful job. I strolled through your entire website and think your work is beautiful. I don't know much about art, but your work makes me feel the similar to the way Edward Hopper's paintings do.

    I'm so glad I came across your site--thanks for reminding me of the beauty of the place I live. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete