Welcome

I've been drawing and painting as long as I can remember, copying comic book panels as a kid, a career as a designer and animator, and the last twelve years as a painter. Hope you enjoy the work.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Grand Marais Minnesota Workshop






Painting at Artist's Point

I just got back to town after teaching a 4 day workshop with my friend and fellow plein air painter Neil Sherman. The weather was good if a little chillier than a prefer my Junes. It's an amazing bit of the Lake Superior shoreline, full of interesting ancient volcanic rock formations, completely different than Superior's south shore which is full of sand dunes. The photos above
should give you a feel for the week, the man in blue painting is Neil giving a demo on the first morning as a fog bank rolled in, note the roll of paper towels in the back pocket. I did a little painting as well and will post those this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment